CJM Military Certifiates Display Experience with Multiple Awards, Medals, Ribbons and Badges
Military Certificate of Service, Awards, Specialty Certificates
Personalized Military Certificate of Service
Military Awards Certificates
US Commemorative Medals
All Services Veteran's Appreciation
Military Records
Certificate of Appreciation
Military Wife and Family Appreciation
Individual Military Award Certificate
Custom Designed Specialty Certificates
Image Gallery
Inspirational Pages
Military Links and Gifts
CJM Certificates-about us
Contact Us
Where to find the needed information
for your military certificate gift

without your loved one knowing anything

If you are preparing a certificate gift there is a document would help you "sneak around" and get the info. so you can make your gift a surprise.

Anyone discharged from the service has a DD-Form-214. This is an official military document that lists their service information, including their wars, battles and awards. You loved one's DD-214 has some, if not all of his or her medals and awards listed on it. This document can be used as a reference in finding out what medals, ribbons and badges to ask for on your CJM Certificate of Service.

Normally we would recommend you contact the National Personnel Records Center for a free copy, but there are many reports on the Net that the NPRC is taking many weeks to perform record retrievals.

Military personnel records can be used as a valuable tool in genealogical research. Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records through the National Personnel Records Center.
However, There are many reports on the Net that the National Personnel Records Center is taking many weeks to perform record retrievals.

DD-214: We do not require you to have your DD-214 to get your CJM Certificate of Service. Over the years many of our veterans have at some point lost their DD-214 and other military memorabilia through house fires, moving, etc. Some of our servicemen cannot replace them.

DD Form 214
Example of a DD Form 214

NOTE: If we have any question as to the validity of someone’s claim we reserve the right to ask for the DD-214.

There was a fire in 1973 at the National Personnel Records Center (St. Louis, MO) that destroyed approximately 16-18 million Official Military Personnel Files. You can find out more HERE.

Other Sources to Request Military Service Records:

American War Library

Veterans' Service Records - National Archives and Records Administration

To retrieve your records in a reasonable time-frame we recommend that you contact a research company. We know of Touchstone Research, which will retrieve your records within a week.

Another Idea: Tell your loved one that someone in your family is doing a geneaological research on the family and ask them to write out their military information including their rank, rating mark if needed for the navy or coast guard, wars or battles they fought, service dates, and their medals, ribbons and badges. You can use our order form as a guide, but don't let them see it. This is the easiest way, providing you can do it in such a way they don't suspect anything.
Also: Check our Commemorative Medals Page to see what additional medals and awards your loved one might be eligible for. We have included the info on who can receive these medals along with the images. Commemoratives were developed many years after the events of the wars, so your loved one may not know they are available and that he or she is eligible to receive them. This is especially good if you only know of 3 or 5 medals they have for their certificate and want to have the full six to balance out your certificate design and display as much as you can of their experience. If you know your loved one's wars or service dates and govt. issued awards we can help with this.

Give your loved one the Perfect Gift

So Creative ......So Personal
Shows how much you really care!

NOTE: CJM Military Certificates are for display only, and are not intended to be used as a legal document in any way.


E-mail us with your questions:

Call: 719 510-5959
Or Toll Free 1-866-447-1011


CJM Military CertificatesPersonalized Military Certificate of ServiceMilitary Certificate of Service with Awards
Veterans Certificate of Appreciaton for All ServicesDisplay Commemorative Medals on your Military CertificateMilitary Certificate of Appreciation
Military Wife and Family Certificate of AppreciationCustom Designed Military CertificateMilitary Certificates for Individual Awards